Pages

17 September 2009

Facebook !!!

hey peeps,



So lets tackle the FB topic.


Last night I read that FB has 300 million people on it s database.... that is almost the population of the US which stands at 307 million!!


I love facebook, as a user I am happy to share pics and nights out with my friends and just a general catch up.

However, we need to fcous on what it really is


  • It is a social networking site

  • It cannot pay your bills

  • It will not find you happiness - some may beg to differ with this

  • It is a networking tool

  • as with all sites open to the world wide web, it will be open to fraudelent use, so be careful the information that you place on the site

  • It cannot replace people and keeping in touch the old fashion way

I have many friends who live by FB, they place their lives on there, their relationship is open for all to see, including break up and other personal issues, if you dont have a FB then you are outcast by society that you dont matter!

People have forgotten the simple task of calling and having a converstaion. What did we all do before, blogs,FB, cell phones, Blackberrys, internet......

I am all for progression in making our day to day life easier, however, I fear that as a society we are been overtaken with technology for doing the simplest of tasks and we lose the joy of living for that moment and enjoy just being human.

I myself can be blamed on this as due to fact that I travel frequently, FB helps me keep in touch, but I am slowly realising that there is no better way that to talk ... talking is good !

So even though I post on face book and share my pictures and thoughts via mediums such as FB and Blogs, there can be nothing better that arranging to meet a friend or catching up on the telephone... lets not forget that !

No comments:

Post a Comment